Rapper Okyeame Kwame is solidly rooting for talented young act Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ at the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
While he has been nominated in one of the biggest categories for the awards, the one-time ‘Artiste of the Year’ hopes Kuami Eugene emerges winner on the night.
Kuami Eugene is hoping to surmount stiff competition from King Promise, Joe Mettle, Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, and Stonebwoy to win that category.
“I came here to root for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’,” he said in an interview on the Red Carpet of the Awards which is taking place at the new dome at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC).
“I love everybody but I love Kuami Eugene more,” he added.
The man who won the ‘Artiste of the Year’ in 2009 is in the running for the ‘Artiste of the Decade’ award this year.
He will have to beat off competition from R2Bees, Sarkodie, Joe Mettle, No Tribe & Nacee, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Samini, Efya, and Becca to be able to win that award.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Cuba Gooding Jr. rants about groping allegations
- D-Black drops much anticipated ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ EP
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about