Rapper Okyeame Kwame is solidly rooting for talented young act Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ at the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
While he has been nominated in one of the biggest categories for the awards, the one-time ‘Artiste of the Year’ hopes Kuami Eugene emerges winner on the night.
Kuami Eugene is hoping to surmount stiff competition from King Promise, Joe Mettle, Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, and Stonebwoy to win that category.
“I came here to root for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’,” he said in an interview on the Red Carpet of the Awards which is taking place at the new dome at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC).
“I love everybody but I love Kuami Eugene more,” he added.
The man who won the ‘Artiste of the Year’ in 2009 is in the running for the ‘Artiste of the Decade’ award this year.
He will have to beat off competition from R2Bees, Sarkodie, Joe Mettle, No Tribe & Nacee, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Samini, Efya, and Becca to be able to win that award.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled