The biggest names in Ghanaian and African music have gathered at the new dome at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) for the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
The night will see several artistes and producers receive honours for the work over the past year.
Two of the keenly contested categories this year are ‘Artiste of the Year’ and the ‘Artiste of the Decade’.
King Promise, Kuami Eugene, Joe Mettle, Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, and Stonebwoy are vying for the ‘Artiste of the Year’ while R2Bees, Sarkodie, Joe Mettle, No Tribe & Nacee, Shatta Wale, Okyeame Kwame, Stonebwoy, Samini, Efya, and Becca will battle for the ‘Artiste of the Decade’.
Check out the winners below:
Traditional Artiste of the Year – Kwan Pa
Instrumentalist of the Year – Mizter Okyere
Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr Rev Mrs Mary Ghansah
Lifetime Achievement Award – Obuoba J.A. Adofo
Lifetime Achievement Award – Prof Kofi Abraham
Unsung Artiste of the Year – Kula
Gospel Song of the Year - Diana Hamilton for ‘Mo Ne Yo’
Highlife Song of the Year – Shatta Wale for ‘My Level’.
Reggae/Dancehall Song of the Year – Shatta Wale for ‘Gringo’
Hiphop Song of the Year – Kwesi Arthur for 'Anthem'
Hiplife Song of the Year – 'Obiaa Wone Master' by Yaa Pono feat Stonebwoy
Afropop Song of the Year – 'Akwaaba' by Guilty Beatz feat Mr Eazi, Pappy Kojo and Patapaa
Gospel Artiste of the Year – Diana Hamilton
Highlife Artiste of the Year – Kuami Eugene
Hiplife/Hiphop Artiste of the Year – Medikal
Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year – Stonebwoy
Music Video of the Year – ‘Come and See My Moda’ by MzVee feat Yemi Alade
Best Collaboration of the Year – ‘Kpoo Keke’ by Stonebwoy feat Medikal, Kwesi Arthur, Darko Vibes & Kelvyn Boy
Record of the Year – ‘Hye Me Bo’ by Akwaboah
Songwriter of the Year – King Promise for ‘CCTV’
Producer of the Year – Kuami Eugene
Sound Engineer of the Year – Francis Osei for Akwaboah’s ‘Sh3 Me Bo’
African Artiste of the Year – Burna Boy
Rapper of the Year – Medikal
Best African collaboration – 'Akwaaba' by Guilty Beats feat Mr. Eazi, Patapaa & Pappy Kojo
Best Group of the Year – Bethel Revival Choir
New Artiste of the Year – Wendy Shay
Album of the Year – ‘Rockstar’ by Kuami Eugene
Artiste of the Decade – Sarkodie
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled