The Minister for Tourism and Creative Arts, Mrs. Barbara Oteng Gyasi has condemned the brawl between Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy at the 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA).
Blaming her outfit and the organisers of the VGMA, Charter House, for the chaos at the ceremony, the Tourism and Creative Arts Minister, said they failed to prevent it.
She said the brawl could have been prevented had her Ministry and the organisers of the event looked at security at the event seriously.
The camp of Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale clashed on stage when Stonebwoy was announced as the winner for the Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year category.
In the midst of the tension, Stonebwoy pulled out a gun; an action he has explained in a press statement as self-defence.
In a radio interview on Accra based Starr FM on Monday, Mrs Oteng Gyasi said “There was a little failure on our part as the Ministry and the organisers. Prior to the event, we noticed some banter between the fans of the musicians on social media. It would have been better if they [Charterhouse] engaged them.”
“Going forward, it is important measures are put in place to ensure the security of all audiences and participants,” she added.
The Minister who said she was hurt and embarrassed by the brawl, urged fans from the camps of the two artistes to “ceasefire.”
“Let’s all remain calm and control the damage so no one is hurt,” she admonished.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana