The family of Aretha Franklin is headed to court over three wills purportedly handwritten by the late singer.
The so-called "holographic wills" were discovered earlier this month by Sabrina Owens, the personal representative of the Aretha Franklin Estate. They contained within them what the estate called "potential areas of protest."
Attorneys for Franklin's four sons were unable to resolve the issue and are therefore headed to court to determine if the wills are admissible to probate.
Two of Franklin's sons are opposing the admission of the wills. The documents are dated June 21, 2010; October 20, 2010 and March 31, 2014, according to a court filing regarding the matter.
CNN has reviewed the documents. The will dated June 2010 makes reference to Franklin's high blood pressure and a mass on her pancreas.
The singer died August 16, 2018 from pancreatic cancer.
"As this new development is also a family matter, [Owens] remains neutral and wishes that all parties involved make wise choices on behalf of their mother, her rich legacy, the family and the Aretha Franklin Estate," a statement from the estate read.
According to the court docket, a hearing is expected Thursday at 10 a.m. in Oakland County, Michigan.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags
- Video: Patapaa chills with European girlfriend at the beach