The Black Entertainment Television (BET) International has congratulated rapper Sarkodie for winning the Artiste of the Decade at the just ended Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
BET on their Instagram page shared a photo of Sarkodie naming him their Man Crush Monday (MCM).
The post read “Our #MCM has been crowned the Artiste of the Decade at the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards! Congrats @Sarkodie #MusicMonday
In a hotly contested 2019 edition of the Awards, the rapper beat competition from colleagues, who have equally worked over the past decade, to win the award.
The ‘Artiste of the Decade’, the second time it is being awarded since the inception of the awards scheme in the year 2000, was one of the keenly contested categories this year.
R2Bees, Joe Mettle, No Tribe & Nacee, Shatta Wale, Okyeame Kwame, Stonebwoy, Samini, Efya, and Becca were all eyeing that award.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags
- Video: Patapaa chills with European girlfriend at the beach