Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has withdrawn his participation from the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) in the future.
This comes at the back of a brawl that erupted between his camp and that of his rival Stonebwoy during the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
The fight which disrupted the program for almost an hour saw many people distraught after Stonebwoy brandished a gun in public.
The artiste who posted a picture of his injured hand on Instagram revealed his decision is not impulsive but he has given it some thoughts and gone through consultations.
He wrote, “Upon sober reflections of events in recent times and having made broader consultations, I wish to announce that I will not be part of the Ghana Music Awards scheme going forward. God bless!”
Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy have been dragged to court for Offensive Conduct to Breaches of the Peace during the VGMA.
The two who were in police custody for 24hours (Sunday to Monday) pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Stonebwoy, born Livingstone Etse Satekla, also pleaded not guilty to an additional charge of Display of a Weapon in a Public Place without permission.
The two were granted bail of ¢50,000 with one surety each and the case has been adjourned to June 20.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko
- Father's Day: Celebs gush over their daddies