Highlife sensation, KiDi has faulted organisers of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) for their security lapse after disturbances at the event last Saturday.
The artiste, born Dennis Nana Dwamena said if Charterhouse had made adequate security arrangements, the Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl could have been better managed.
Asked if Charterhouse should be sanctioned, the artiste who walked away as ‘Best Male Vocalist of the Year’ told Kojo Yankson on the AM Show on MultiTV Friday: “to be fair yeah, everybody needs to be sanctioned.”
Speaking on the security arrangements on the night, KiDi said: “the organisers themselves messed up.”
Citing himself, KiDi said he just walked from his car to the premises without going through any security check whatsoever.
He said if there were security checks, the brawl could just have been limited to fists and not involve brandishing of a firearm by Stonebwoy.
He added: “going forward a higher body needs to check all of this.”
Charterhouse themselves have sanctioned the two artistes who engaged in the disturbance.
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale were on Thursday stripped of all the awards they won on the Night and also banned indefinitely from the event.
What caused the fracas?
Livingstone Etse Satekla, alias Stonebwoy, had gone on stage to pick his award for Dancehall Artiste of the Year.
But just as he was being presented with the ward, his arch-rival, Charles Nii Armah Mensah alias Shatta Wale and his entourage stormed the stage.
This created confusion between fans of the two musicians. Stonebwoy pulled out a pistol in the midst of the heat.
After a short break, the event continued peacefully. Stonebwoy apologised when he went on stage to pick a second award. He cited threats for his coming to the event “prepared.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled