Father of dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has rubbished reports that his son had intended to attack Stonebwoy onstage during the weekend's Vodafone Ghana Music Award.
According to Shatta Capo, his son was only relocating from his seat to join him at the VVIP section and not to attack Stonebwoy as reported.
He added that, in the process of Shatta Wale getting to his side in the auditorium, one of his team members suggested to him to divert and congratulate Stonebwoy in an attempt to make peace.
But Shatta Wale was misunderstood and the fracas happened between the Bhimnatives and the Shatta Movement crew, he said.
“I was at the event that night. I wasn’t closer to my son. I was at the VVIP side. Occasionally we spoke and he told me he would relocate but he is witnessing the atmosphere at the auditorium.
“From what I saw, he used the award that was given to Stonebwoy and the jubilation that went on to relocate to my side. That decision to relocate was between us and the attempt to relocate is what made this happen,” he said on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM.
Shatta Capo added that he had hoped to receive an award after the unfortunate incident just to apologise on his son’s behalf.
“First and foremost, I expected the police to have arrested him [Stonebwoy]. I sat there till the close of the programme because I was hoping to receive an award so I could apologise to the world.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko
- Father's Day: Celebs gush over their daddies