Veteran musician, Amandzeba Nat Brew has endorsed and pledged his support for Henry Bessa Simons as President of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA).
The ‘Wogbe Jeke’ hitmaker, who performed with the Bessa Band at a fundraising concert to support ‘BESSA 4 BETTER’ campaign, mentioned that Bessa is the right choice to lead MUSIGA to the next stage in its strategic development.
“If there’s any person who has indeed gathered the experience along the way, he’s been out there in Europe and he’s been right here in Ghana. He is vying for the presidency of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) and I can tell you that he is our surest bet, to fix the anomalies in the industry. Vote for Bessa Simons, Victory for Bessa,” he said.
Other musicians that performed and pledged their support for BESSA on the night included, Bob Pinodo, K.K. Kabobo, Paulina Oduro, Pozo Hayes and Nero X.
The night also saw performances from Nutty Rankin, Obaasima;,Joe Wizzy and Kento.
Bessa’s manifesto, amongst other things, is to implement the recommendations in a research commissioned by MUSIGA and conducted by KPMG, “A Comprehensive Study of the Music Sector in Ghana”.
Some of the recommendations include a Minimum Wage policy for musicians, airplay log-in system for radio and television stations to enhance the collection and disbursement of royalties to musicians by the Collection management organisations.
The research also recommended a 70/30 airplay policy for Ghanaian music, the expansion of MUSIGA Academy to other regions of Ghana to enhance music education and Skills transfer through International exchange programmes for Ghanaian musicians, especially the unsung artistes as well as the establishment of MUSIGA Regional bands.
The event took place at the +233 Jazz bar and grill, Accra on May 25.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled