Resolute in his quest to affect society through his personality and craft, Okyeame Kwame has been actively involved in encouraging reading habits in young people.
As an ambassador of Worldreader, he was part of the delegation that attended the digital reading summit in Kenya a few weeks ago.
The summit is organised by Worldreader, an international NGO dedicated to sending digital reading books to children in deprived communities.
They build solar panels for areas without electricity so they can get a source of electricity and read through digital means.
After the summit, they held their world board meeting with majority of the board members present.
They also visited Kibera, which is the biggest slum in the whole of Africa. Worldreader has set up its digital reading library there.
According to Ethel Sakitey, Worldreader's Country Director in Ghana, nine Solar units have been provided schools in Ghana without electricity.
"To date, we have deployed 1,975 e-readers to 39 schools. Otherwise, one of the key messages is that Worldreader is seeking to get books available for children in most deprived communities and we doing this using technology," she said.
The organisation wants the kids as well as the teachers to have all their teaching and learning materials all in place.
"We are piloting a Digital Reading project in Kwaebibrim Municipal Area where we are systematically providing technical support, management expertise and digital content through the Municipal Education Office to reach up to 90 primary schools by the end of 2020," she added.
So far 24 officials of the Municipal Education Office have been trained and these officials together with Worldreader, have trained 292 teachers on how to seamlessly integrate digital reading in classroom activities through the INSET program.
Okyeame Kwame, in the wake of this, produced a song titled 'Read' in 2018. 'Read’ features his super talented children, Sante and Sir Bota.
In the meantime, his 'Made in Ghana' album is also selling hot on Aftown, iTunes, Spotify and other online music stores.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled