Veteran sound engineer, Appiah Dankwa, known as Appietus, has articulated his love for Patapaa, describing him as an entertainer.
Appietus’ remark comes on the back of suggestions that Patapaa took inspiration for his ‘Skopatomana’ lyrics from the latter’s verse on ‘Azonto Fiesta’ and 5Five’s ‘Move Back’ (Muje Baya).
Though industry folks criticised Appietus’ style back in the day, the ace sound engineer who has produced over 200 hit tracks, tagged his flair as ‘alien’.
Reacting to Patapaa’s recent ‘Skopatomana’ challenge in a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee, Appietus said the Swedru-based artiste, Patapaa’s appearance alone can kill stress.
“I like the guy. I like him. You see we are doing entertainment and he has managed to make people happy and that is entertainment,” he said.
“It is either we kill the stress or the stress kills us so people like Patapaa we need them. Looking at the guy alone makes you happy, his spectacles and all that. You look at his picture alone; you laugh your stress out,” Appietus added.
Watch the video for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale plead not guilty, granted ¢50k bail each
- Ex-Doe feels vindicated over Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale brawl
- It will be illogical for me to deliberately ruin VGMA@20 – Shatta Wale
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy