The 2019 edition of the African Makeup and Beauty Fair, which opened on Thursday, May 9, at the Alisa Hotel in Accra, has attracted huge patronage from across the globe.
The ongoing event which is under the theme; “Standardization, the catalyst for Transformative Economic Growth”, has so far seen participants from the United Kingdom, China, Germany and Nigeria, showcase new products and services as well as brands.
The three-day fair, which focuses on standardization, also provides the platform which offers an opportunity to both local and global industry players to showcase high-quality products and services from exhibitors.
The opening ceremony was attended by CEOs of the country’s regulatory and standardization bodies including Prof. Alex Dodoo of the Ghana Standards Authority and Delese Mimi Darko of the Food and Drugs Authority.
In her address, the CEO of Makeup Ghana, Rebecca Donkor, said this year’s fair focuses on standardization with the aim of improving service quality and efficiency.
She said with support from the industry stakeholders, policymakers and partners, they have initiated a sensitization program geared towards educating players in the industry to embrace standardization and certification.
Rebecca Donkor noted that this year’s fair showcases the best of Africa’s products and services in skin care and also the hair care sub-sectors of the beauty industry.
“It is our utmost pleasure to showcase both global and local brands at the Africa Makeup and Beauty Fair,” she added.
Business Development Minister at the Office of the President, Ibrahim Awal, advised makeup artistes to think beyond Ghana and do that they can, to build unique products to market Ghana.
“Before you can achieve any success you should try a lot of innovations and commit yourself to excellence,” the Business Development Minister added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ebony Reign still reigns after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale plead not guilty, granted ¢50k bail each
- Ex-Doe feels vindicated over Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale brawl
- It will be illogical for me to deliberately ruin VGMA@20 – Shatta Wale
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory