The 2019 edition of the African Makeup and Beauty Fair, which opened on Thursday, May 9, at the Alisa Hotel in Accra, has attracted huge patronage from across the globe.
The ongoing event which is under the theme; “Standardization, the catalyst for Transformative Economic Growth”, has so far seen participants from the United Kingdom, China, Germany and Nigeria, showcase new products and services as well as brands.
The three-day fair, which focuses on standardization, also provides the platform which offers an opportunity to both local and global industry players to showcase high-quality products and services from exhibitors.
The opening ceremony was attended by CEOs of the country’s regulatory and standardization bodies including Prof. Alex Dodoo of the Ghana Standards Authority and Delese Mimi Darko of the Food and Drugs Authority.
In her address, the CEO of Makeup Ghana, Rebecca Donkor, said this year’s fair focuses on standardization with the aim of improving service quality and efficiency.
She said with support from the industry stakeholders, policymakers and partners, they have initiated a sensitization program geared towards educating players in the industry to embrace standardization and certification.
Rebecca Donkor noted that this year’s fair showcases the best of Africa’s products and services in skin care and also the hair care sub-sectors of the beauty industry.
“It is our utmost pleasure to showcase both global and local brands at the Africa Makeup and Beauty Fair,” she added.
Business Development Minister at the Office of the President, Ibrahim Awal, advised makeup artistes to think beyond Ghana and do that they can, to build unique products to market Ghana.
“Before you can achieve any success you should try a lot of innovations and commit yourself to excellence,” the Business Development Minister added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent