Seasoned actress and media personality, Grace Omaboe, popularly known as Maame Dokono, is not happy Ghanaians are not celebrating late broadcaster Maame Afia Konadu who passed away last week.
“I am surprised that Ghanaians are not making noise about Maame Afia Konadu, this woman has achieved a lot when it comes to radio. She dealt with social issues for many years and the noise about her is not what I expect.
“We make a lot of noise when a prominent person dies and I feel the same should be done for Afia Konadu,” Maame Dokono said on Rainbow Radio.
According to Maame Dokono, she heard of Maame Afia's death on May 2 and it was just a few people talking about her which didn't make her happy.
“This is a woman I have admired for a very long time and I expect Despite Group of Companies to dedicate a whole week to celebrate her. I will personally appeal to Mr Kwame Despite to make sure every presenter at Despite Group uses two minutes of their airtime to make a little noise about her,” she said.
Maame Dokono said the death of Ma Afia as she was affectionately known had taught her to be humble all the time.
“Honestly I was shocked when I heard of her death and one thing that came to mind is to be humble all the time because we will all pass away one day,” she said.
Maame Dokono, 73, said she remembers when Ma Afia celebrated her 65th birthday with the patients of the Accra Psychiatric Hospital and she really admired what she did.
“I sometimes wonder what will be said about me when I am gone and I want to use this opportunity to tell everyone to live a good life and stay out of trouble just like Afia Konadu,” she said.
Maame Afia Konadu, real name Henrietta Twum hosted ‘Wo Haw Ne Sɛn?’, ‘Mpom Te Sɛn’ and ‘Asomdwee Nkomo’ on Peace FM for years.
A former teacher, she worked with the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) before moving to Despite Group of Companies when it started Peace FM at Mile 7 in Accra.
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ladies think I am a 'womaniser' - Nana Boroo
- Kumasi yearns for more of Luv FM's Corporate Groove
- How Tobi proposed to me – Becca reveals as they mark first anniversary
- Video: Thousands throng Shatta Wale, Tinny’s ‘Loud in Bukom’ concert
- Video: If police arrest you for smoking weed, just beg - Shatta Wale tells fans
- R Kelly misses court hearing in Chicago after transport mix-up
- Duchess of Sussex's TV drama Suits jokes about her royal role
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident
- Video: Emotional McBrown recounts 20-year struggle to have a child
- Ghanaian actors are too comfortable - Moesha Boduong
- Video: Comedian Steve Harvey in Ghana for Year of Return
- Pius wins hearts with dance moves at Chicago’s Ghanafest 2019