After two years of working together, music label SarkCess Music and rapper Strongman have parted ways.
The label, owned by award-wining rapper Sarkodie, signed the young talent in March 2017 with the aim of helping marketing his enormous talent.
But after several months of rumours of friction between both parties, they have agreed to go their separate ways.
Management of SarkCess Music in a statement described their two-year relationship as an “amazing” and “remarkable”
Describing Strongman as a phenomenal artiste, Sarkodie’s label believed strongly that it has, during their time together, enhanced the young rapper’s brand.
There had been rumours of Strongman’s exit from the label. There were reports that he felt suffocated under Sarkodie’s management.
Days before the official announcement of their decision to part ways, the talented wordsmith had tweeted that: “Most good footballers turn to be bad coaches Don’t be deceived.”
It is, however, unclear if that tweet was targetted at Sarkodie.
Sharing the official statement on the end of their working relationship, Sarkodie said on Twitter, “When we first signed, the “2 year” term felt like forever but here we are... @StrongmanBurner We Thank Ghana and the rest of the world @SarkCess”
“Bless Up Boss I’m Grateful for your support,” Strongman responded to his former boss.
In March last year, Strongman apologised to Sarkodie over some comments he made on social media about the label.
Prior to the 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA), the ‘Baby Girl’ hitmaker tweeted some comments that seemed to question the influence of the Sarkcess Music brand to land him award nominations.
He made the comments shortly after he received only a nomination for the 2018 awards.
He tweeted: “So everyday the #sarkeffect #sarkeffect you guys dey talk no, only one nomination for a whole transformer. This is very bad.”
However, the rapper explained JoyNews’ MzGee that, his tweet was totally misinterpreted.
According to him he “wasn’t necessarily saying that his management is not doing enough.”
He clarified further saying, “I’m directing the arrow towards some people. When I do well, they attribute everything to Sark effect, but the moment something is wrong, they say the artiste is bad.”
During Strongman’s two-year stint at SarkCess Music, he released a number of songs and projects including ‘Transformer’, ‘Baby Girl’ and his recent EP, ‘Still That N*gga *(STN)’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album