Following the recent indiscriminate murder of one Miss Ada Ifeanyi by men of the Nigeria Police Force, veteran Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has joined others to condemn the incessant killing of innocent unarmed Nigerians by trigger happy men of the Nigeria Police Force.
A 20-year-old lady identified as Ada Ifeanyi and her 32-year old boyfriend, Emmanuel Akomafuwa were shot severally in the Ajegunle area of Lagos State on Saturday, April 13, 2019, after a group of policemen who have been identified as operatives from the Trinity Police station ordered them to stop and they didn’t.
While Ada, who was shot twice, died immediately, Emmanuel who sustained grievous injuries is still battling for his life. The incident happened at about 7 am and it has left friends, family and the entire country in distress.
Reacting to the matter which has continued to generate concern, Omotola spared no words in advising the federal government to wade into the matter before it gets out of hand.
“The country under your watch is hellish! The lack of money in circulation, now coupled with the continuous assault and killings by uniformed men will make this country implode. It is unbearable! Do something! Insecurity, fear and desperation everywhere,” she blurted on twitter.
Meanwhile, mother of the deceased lady, Mrs Mercy John has lamented her daughter’s murder, calling for justice.
“I spoke with her on Friday afternoon and she promised to come to see me next week so we could celebrate Easter together. She’s a daughter I don’t want to miss in life. When they called me around 7 am that my daughter had been shot by the Police, I rushed down there and saw my child lying dead. A girl of just 20 years died like a chicken! What did they find on her that made them shoot her? If they had shot the tyre, at least the car would have stopped. Is that what the government wants for us? I want justice for my child!” she lamented.
However, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Zubairu Muazu has revealed that members of the team suspected to be involved in the shooting are from Trinity Police Station and are currently facing internal disciplinary proceedings at the Command Headquarters Ikeja.
Their rifles have been retrieved for forensic analysis by Ballisticians and if found wanting, they would be prosecuted in a conventional court for murder.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band