Rapper Sarkodie has revealed he does not know the meaning of the Ga verses sang by King Promise in his hit single ‘Can’t Let You Go’.
The musician made this revelation during his performance at the Standard Chartered Bank concert to launch their SC Mobile app.
Sarkodie, who had earlier performed back to back hits like ‘Pizza and Burger’, ‘Me Gye Wo Girl’, ‘Dangerous’ at the event, asked the audience to help him sing the chorus and bridge of ‘Can’t let you You Go’.
“Do you know I don’t understand what that means,” he told the fans when they got to King promise’s verse
Many fans did not make anything of it because the rapper is known to sing mostly in Twi. That for them is an indication he does not speak much Ga.
However, others were shocked to realise the artiste did not know what part of his own song meant even months after its release.
Below is the version sang in Ga dialect;
‘Mi dientsԑ mi suɔlɔ ee’ means – My own lover
‘Mihaaa moko po aba ohe daabi’ means – I won’t let anyone come close to you, no!
‘Kwԑmɔ, obaa gbemi ee means – You will kill me
Can’t Let You Go was released by Sarkodie to celebrate his love for Tracy a month after his wedding.
Some fans were angry at Sarkodie because his wedding was so exclusive. The venue and date were known to the few showbiz people he invited.
However, the anger seems to slip away after ‘Can’t Let You Go’ came out. Sarkodie’s rap was on point and King Promise did a great job lacing the beat with beautiful lyrics.
Sarkodie treated fans with excerpts from his wedding, the massive cake, the intimate garden wedding and scenes from the beautiful reception.
The single has amassed 6.9 million views on YouTube alone and still counting.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags
- Video: Patapaa chills with European girlfriend at the beach