Former Black Stars defender, John Paintsil, has asked bloggers to respect Shatta Wale’s baby mama, Shatta Michy.
The footballer is disappointed with false online reports that Shatta Michy is having an affair with him.
Some of the reports indicate that the player had purchased her a house and a car after Shatta Wale allegedly kicked her out of his house.
In an interview with Franky 5 on ‘This Is Gospel’, John Paintsil was appalled by the stories and asked bloggers to stop peddling falsehood about Shatta Michy.
“There is nothing going on between me and Shatta Michy. We don’t have that connection. Sometimes I feel so sorry about the way the media just go on and put something that they don’t have any clue about it, destroying peoples homes…If you want to write something about them you have to show some respect,” the defender said.
John Paintsil asked bloggers to stop playing with the emotions of Ghanaians especially because Shatta Michy is a mother.
He also denied claims that he bought a house and car for the ex-girlfriend of Shatta Wale.
Rumours of an affair between the two became widespread after a photo surfaced showing the two sitting next to each other at the F360 Ghana Football Awards in 2018.
The footballer also warned that such false stories could cost him the relationship with his new lover.
“Trying to wrap me around someone’s wife is not on….I have a woman in my life. You putting [out] that story could cause a lot of problems,” he bemoaned.
John Paintsil also revealed on ‘This Is Gospel’ that his new lover helps him immensely with his spiritual growth as a Christian and he is ready to tie the knot with her.
The former Black Stars defender said that his marriage to the mother of his four children, Richlove, ended in 2013 after she filed for divorce.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Stonebwoy explains why he pulled a gun on stage
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy in police custody over VGMA brawl
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini