Police have named a suspect in the murder of Los Angeles rapper Nipsey Hussle, hours after a stampede at a vigil injured at least 19 people.
Authorities say Eric Holder is the man wanted in connection with the shooting on Sunday, which was ruled a homicide.
Most people suffered "trample injuries" at Monday's vigil, a fire official said, as crowds tried to rush away.
One of those critically injured suffered "penetrating, traumatic injury with cause unknown".
Footage from the scene shows mourners suddenly breaking and running from the scene. It is unclear what triggered the incident.
Police earlier asked for people to "disperse from the immediate area" and moved in to restore order, reportedly using riot gear and forming containment lines.
Nipsey Hussle was shot dead outside his clothing shop on Sunday. Two other people were wounded.
Tributes have poured in for the 33-year-old, whose debut album Victory Lap was nominated for best rap album at this year's Grammy Awards.
Hussle, real name Ermias Davidson Asghedom, grew up in south Los Angeles and was a member of the Rollin' 60s street gang as a teenager.
He later became a community organiser, and was involved with the Destination Crenshaw arts project.
"I grew up in gang culture," he told the Los Angeles Times in a 2018 interview. "We dealt with death, with murder. It was like living in a war zone, where people die on these blocks and everybody is a little bit immune to it."
Earlier on Sunday, he had tweeted: "Having strong enemies is a blessing."
Having strong enemies is a blessing.— THA GREAT (@NipseyHussle) March 31, 2019
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador
- A nominee breached security protocol – Charterhouse explains VGMA brawl