Organisers of Africa’s biggest DJ awards festival, the annual Ghana DJ Awards, have opened nominations for the 2019 edition of the awards.
A statement issued by the organisers, Merqury Republic, to Myjoyonline.com noted that plans are far advanced for this year’s edition of the awards.
The annual Ghana DJ Awards honours deserving Disc Jockeys who have distinguished themselves during the past year.
At this first phase of the nomination process, organisers noted that “interested DJs or their representatives are expected to submit an entry form, along with mixtapes, music releases, or two-minute videos showing a scratch session.”
Interested person, the organisers said, should also submit: “Professional photographs of DJ, A mixtape for consideration for nomination (specify music genre(s)), a video for consideration for nomination,” to email@example.com.
This year, fans of DJs have been handed the opportunity to nominate their favourite DJs and MCs across the world who promote Ghana music.
Besides the categories for which submissions are required, the Awards also bestows on an individual or group a Lifetime Achievement Award.
“The prestige associated with induction and receipt of the Lifetime Achievement Award is projected to exceptional individuals and/or groups who are recognized as leaders of our industry," Felicia Bazie, Events Coordinator at Merqury Republic said in a statement.
She added that “Induction is not limited to any one (1) candidate(s) per year. Inductees will receive an official Ghana DJ Award inscribed with their name, and will be recognised with a synopsis of their history and contributions through a formal segment presented by selected peers and colleagues during the Ghana Awards gala.”
The organisers noted that work submitted for consideration must have been released between February 1, 2018, and February 1, 2019.
The public nomination process stars from April 2 and ends on May 10,” the statement added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags