Actress Yvonne Nelson says she will embark on another demonstration if the recent power outages are not fixed.
Venting her spleen on Twitter, she wrote: “#DUMSORMUSTSTOP!!!! We are gonna hit the streets soon if it doesn’t stop!”
The actress is not the only celeb to caution the incumbent government as some weeks ago comedian Derrick Kobina Bonney (DKB) also videoed himself giving the Power Distribution Services (PDS) one week to fix the ‘dumsor’ or face his wrath.
In a video on Facebook, the comedian bemoaned how the erratic power supply was pushing him to waste money on fuel for his generator than prepaid power.
“We thought Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) was horrible, now the new one is proper ‘dumsor’ or permanent ‘dumsor’, I don’t even know what their name is. Fifty cedis fuel gone already to power generator, now I’m on my way to buy another one. Am I supposed to be using my money to buy fuel?” he asked.
He noted, “honestly if this darkness continues for one week nobody should blame me if I do the ‘dumsor’ demonstration again. Because I don’t belong to any political party so if you mess up, me I go hammer you. I don’t owe anybody an apology.”
Yvonne Nelson, on May 16, 2015, staged a ‘one man’ demonstration against former President John Mahama when the country faced similar power outages.
Some celebrities including Van Vicker, Prince David Osei, Wanlov Kubolor, Sidney, Afia Schwarzenegger, Efya among other notables threw their support behind her.
Image: Prince David Osei, Van Vicker and Efya joined Yvonne Nelson to demonstrate in 2015
The demonstration mounted pressure on the National Democratic Congress’ government to speed up work to eliminate the problem that was collapsing many businesses.
Over the past few weeks, there have been total blackouts in some parts of the country.
Many Ghanaians claim the ‘dumsor’ situation is back, suggesting to NPP to release a ‘dumsor’ timetable to enable Ghanaians and businesses, plan their schedules ahead of time.
But, companies within the power distribution chain and government have attributed the current power cuts to technical challenges.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news