Nollywood actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, is reportedly down with a stroke.
The 57-year-old Enugu-born actor is famous for his comics in movies and stand-up comedy.
According to a close family source, Ibu was hit by a mysterious stroke shortly after he returned from his recent trip to Owerri in Nigeria.
The source also confirmed that Mr Ibu is currently being taken care of by an undisclosed traditional doctor and is responding to treatment.
Confirming the story on Thursday, Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, President, Emeka Rollas, told e-NIGERIA: “I am aware that Mr Ibu is truly down with stroke, but he is fast recovering and need more of our prayers right now.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador