Nollywood actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, is reportedly down with a stroke.
The 57-year-old Enugu-born actor is famous for his comics in movies and stand-up comedy.
According to a close family source, Ibu was hit by a mysterious stroke shortly after he returned from his recent trip to Owerri in Nigeria.
The source also confirmed that Mr Ibu is currently being taken care of by an undisclosed traditional doctor and is responding to treatment.
Confirming the story on Thursday, Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, President, Emeka Rollas, told e-NIGERIA: “I am aware that Mr Ibu is truly down with stroke, but he is fast recovering and need more of our prayers right now.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'