Manager of Patapaa, Free Body, has disclosed the numerous photos of Patapaa with his alleged girlfriend Queen Peezy was a publicity stunt.
According to the artiste’s manager, Patapaa has never been romantically involved with the lady, only known as Abena.
Free Body explained Patapaa had been cautioned about wannabes and hence when he was approached by the lady, he did not want to be associated with her.
“She is a model and got to Patapaa through a friend. She told him Abeiku Santana [of UTV] was her uncle. After he confirmed that through video call, he decided to help her with her shoot,” he told Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, Monday.
He stated that Patapaa posted the pictures on his social media handles as a favour to the lady. “The lady went ahead to parade herself as his girlfriend.”
Queen Peezy, in an interview, said Patapaa was going to marry her before the year ends.
However, the artiste, on Friday told Adom FM’s Drive Time show host, Jerry Justice, he never proposed to the lady before.
“She came to me for hype. I didn’t take any money from her. We planned it. Now she is destroying my brand. She is not my girlfriend,” he said.
Patapaa first posted the photo of Queen Peezy in February 2019, with the caption “Meet Pa2Pa Queen Peezy. TGIF.”
Even though the “One Corner” hitmaker did not explain exactly what his relationship with the lady was, the viral photo that saw them kissing was all fans needed.
Queen Peezy also went on several interviews to confirm she was dating the artiste while he was on tour in Europe.
The wrath of fans descended on the singer when a video of him “chopping” love with a white woman went viral.
In the video, he and his newly-found woman were seen having a good time in the kitchen and kissing.
Queen Peezy reportedly collapsed and was admitted at the hospital after the video went viral.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain