Miss Ghana queen for 2010, Stephanie Karikari and others have been dragged to an Accra High Court by Inna Mariam Patty and Exclusive Events Ghana Limited (EEGL).
Inna, who is also Miss Ghana 2004 winner and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EEGL, in a lawsuit available to the media says she is seeking to clear her name of allegations by the ex-queens that she has turned the Miss Ghana pageant into an “escort agency”.
In December 2017, three former winners of the Miss Ghana pageant painted a gloomy picture of the beauty event, alleging that they were pimped by the organisers.
Stephanie Karikari (left), Antoinette Kemavor (middle) and Giusepinna Barfi
The queens - Stephanie Karikari (Miss Ghana 2010), Antoinette Delali Kemavor Miss (Ghana 2015) and Giuseppina Nana Akua Baafi (Miss Ghana 2013) - spoke to entertainment website Ghanacelebrities.com and claimed they were sometimes pimped to raise money to support the pageant run by Inna Mariam Patty and Exclusive Event Ghana.
Inna had subsequently denied the allegations, but she is also in court to seek a legal redress of the matter to clear her name and the bad image the queens created about the very Miss Ghana brand.
The others captured in the lawsuit in addition to the above-mentioned queens are Margaret Kuma-Minta (Miss Ghana 2013 first runner-up), Chris Vincent and Ghanacelebrities.com.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news