Rapper Medikal has urged bloggers to write positive and constructive news about artistes to help sell Ghana music on foreign grounds.
According to the Medikal, an artiste’s music is tied to his image and bloggers turn to write more negative things than positive about these artistes.
“The stories bloggers do, (sic) does not just stay here. Many people outside Ghana are reading more about the artistes in the country and the music they do,” he told Lexis Bill on Drive Time on Joy FM, Monday.
Medikal explained if there are loads of negative news about an artiste, the people reading the news may not take the act seriously.
He said the Ghana music industry is growing and gaining more attention hence there should be a collective effort to support artistes.
It is through some of the performances that artistes get to travel outside that help sell the country and the Ghanaian music, he added.
”Shatta [Wale] did a show in London and filled the arena alone, others have performed shows, at the end of the day they are selling the name of the country we all love,” Medikal explained.
The artiste called for bloggers to make more positive news about musicians in the country.
He also urged artistes to also be supportive of each other rather than “tear themselves down.”
Medikal is set to perform at the awards show on March 30. Also on the bill to perform is Akwaboah, King Promise, Joey B, Rocky Dawuni, Shatta Wale, Kuami Eugene, Kidi and many more.
He has also been nominated for five categories in the upcoming 3Music Awards namely; Music Man of the Year, Hiphop/hiplife Act of the Year, Digital Act of the Year, Video of the Year and Fan army of the year.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case