The internet was hit with news of the spit of music duo Wutah on Sunday, March 3.
Kobby Wutah, a member of the group was reported to have confirmed the group’s split in an interview on Hot FM.
However, speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Kobby Wutah refuted claims he confirmed the split of the group.
“I only said, me, my brother, Afriyie, and our record label NKZ, have sensitive issues we are dealing with,” he told Andy Dosty, host of the show Thursday.
Kobby Wutah revealed, he cannot talk alone on air about the issues faced by the group and prefers all parties involved sit together and speak about it.
“I am not going to confirm or deny anything. It will only be fair if we all in the studios to properly talk about it,” he said.
Even though the duo performed a couple of gigs together, they are have been seen doing solo projects and performing without each other.
Wutah Afriyie in October 2018 released a solo single ‘Why’. Afriyie in an interview in 2018 refuted claims the group was breaking up then.
““Like other seriously talented musicians, you can talk of Morgan Heritage from Jamaica or own R2Bees from Ghana, my endeavor to release a single is very similar to the examples listed and must not be taken as a move to break away from the group,” he said.
Kobby Wutah himself confirmed on Daybreak Hitz he has a song recorded in 2019 as a solo artiste with Tinny.
However, Kobby refused to comment on whether the song was recorded under his record label NKZ or if the label knows about his solo project.
Wutah, first split up in 2009 and reunited in 2017.
Their hit songs including ‘Bronya’ and ‘AK 47’ enjoyed massive airplay in the country and it was the anticipation of their fans they remain united.
The group also won the ‘Best Group’ in the 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band