Rapper Okyeame Kwame is solidly rooting for talented young act Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ at the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
While he has been nominated in one of the biggest categories for the awards, the one-time ‘Artiste of the Year’ hopes Kuami Eugene emerges winner on the night.
Kuami Eugene is hoping to surmount stiff competition from King Promise, Joe Mettle, Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, and Stonebwoy to win that category.
“I came here to root for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’,” he said in an interview on the Red Carpet of the Awards which is taking place at the new dome at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC).
“I love everybody but I love Kuami Eugene more,” he added.
The man who won the ‘Artiste of the Year’ in 2009 is in the running for the ‘Artiste of the Decade’ award this year.
He will have to beat off competition from R2Bees, Sarkodie, Joe Mettle, No Tribe & Nacee, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Samini, Efya, and Becca to be able to win that award.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart