The Minister for Tourism and Creative Arts, Mrs. Barbara Oteng Gyasi has condemned the brawl between Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy at the 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA).
Blaming her outfit and the organisers of the VGMA, Charter House, for the chaos at the ceremony, the Tourism and Creative Arts Minister, said they failed to prevent it.
She said the brawl could have been prevented had her Ministry and the organisers of the event looked at security at the event seriously.
The camp of Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale clashed on stage when Stonebwoy was announced as the winner for the Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year category.
In the midst of the tension, Stonebwoy pulled out a gun; an action he has explained in a press statement as self-defence.
In a radio interview on Accra based Starr FM on Monday, Mrs Oteng Gyasi said “There was a little failure on our part as the Ministry and the organisers. Prior to the event, we noticed some banter between the fans of the musicians on social media. It would have been better if they [Charterhouse] engaged them.”
“Going forward, it is important measures are put in place to ensure the security of all audiences and participants,” she added.
The Minister who said she was hurt and embarrassed by the brawl, urged fans from the camps of the two artistes to “ceasefire.”
“Let’s all remain calm and control the damage so no one is hurt,” she admonished.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'