Celebrity blogger, Ameyaw Debrah has tipped Stonebwoy as possibly the “biggest loser” following Saturday’s brawl with arch-rival Shatta Wale at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
He said Stonebwoy; born Livingstone Etse Satekla “has more going for him” in terms of international recognition and the violence could damage the relationship with his associates.
“Most of these international people, these things tend to affect their affiliation with you,” Mr Debrah told Kojo Yankson on the AM Show on the Joy News channel Monday.
He added that the reggae/dancehall artiste’s team must manage the effects of the scuffle to save his image.
Clash at VGMA
Stonebwoy pulled a gun on stage in the midst of a scuffle when he went to pick up his award for Dancehall artiste of the year – a fifth time consecutive.
Shatta Wale known in private life as Charles Nii Armah Mensah and his entourage moved onto the stage when the ‘Mane me’ hit singer was about to give his acceptance speech causing misunderstanding between the two rival camps.
After the dust settled, Stonebwoy apologised for the disturbances when he went back on stage to pick his second honour for the night.
The clash caused some iconic figures at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) to vacate and go home.
Speaking on the extent of rivalry between the two dancehall acts, Ameyaw Debrah noted that the genre of their music cannot be linked to the violent nature of the fan bases.
He said if there was the same bipolarity in a different genre, the story would have been the same.
Kofi Xerda, another blogger who was on the AM Show, however, disagreed. He believes the violent nature of the rivalry is as a result of blind copying.
He said dancehall is perceived to be associated with violence in Jamaica where it originates from, causing the ‘importers’ to copy same; albeit blindly.
More Entertainment Headlines
- Danny Glover heads to Ghana for ‘Jamestown to Jamestown’
- I don’t regret investing in entertainment industry – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Gifty Anti's new title is now Oheneyere FBI Dr.
- Ladies think I am a 'womaniser' - Nana Boroo
- Kumasi yearns for more of Luv FM's Corporate Groove
- How Tobi proposed to me – Becca reveals as they mark first anniversary
- Video: Thousands throng Shatta Wale, Tinny’s ‘Loud in Bukom’ concert
- Video: If police arrest you for smoking weed, just beg - Shatta Wale tells fans
- R Kelly misses court hearing in Chicago after transport mix-up
- Duchess of Sussex's TV drama Suits jokes about her royal role
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident
- Video: Emotional McBrown recounts 20-year struggle to have a child