Famous Fiagbede Atsu, a 37-year-old carpenter by profession and an evangelist residing at Kuotokrom new site in the Sunyani Municipality is in police custody for suspicion of murder.
The deceased, Kofi Baah, 41, and a mason was allegedly murdered by the suspect around 10:30 pm on Wednesday at Kuotokrom new site, Elder Stephen Fosu, a brother-in-law of the deceased told the police on Thursday.
Elder Fosu said Atsu, an indigene of Mepe in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region is a street preacher and also operates a prayer camp at the Kuotokrom new site, adding “I heard about the shocking incident around 0100 hours on Thursday”.
He appealed to the Police “to act quickly in the investigation process for justice to prevail”.
Some individuals living within the locality of Atsu who anonymously spoke to the media said the suspect claimed he was attacked by the deceased whilst on his way to collect money from a friend who owned him.
They alleged Atsu who was holding a hand-saw and a wooden object admitted killing Baah in a reactionary process of self-defence and dumped him into the gutter.
According to them, Atsu, with bloodstains on him went to the Sunyani Municipal Police Command in the company of his landlady at about 11 pm hours on Wednesday to report the incident.
The Sunyani Municipal Police Command when contacted confirmed the case and added the body of the deceased had been deposited at the Sunyani Regional Hospital morgue pending investigation.
- Video of unknown driver driving dangerously in Accra goes viral
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court on Monday
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- 38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
- Assistant police chief claims she was told to get abortion to keep her job
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills
I wish I had other passports other than Ghanaian passport – Gary Al-Smith
I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
Reality Zone with Vicky Wireko: Covid-19 eventuality – A fourth wave approaching
Crime rate in Tema Police Region improved – Crime Officer
Child beggars invade commercial roads of Bolgatanga
Beautician appears before court for fraud
Alfred Ogbamey: Shatta Wale, Medikal and normalization of prosecutorial and judicial absurdities
Law on false publication should be a wake-up call to Ghanaians – Lawyer
AfCFTA will only succeed if RECs and protocols are addressed – Wendell Addy
Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court on Monday
Playback: The Law discusses fear, panic and gun brandishing culture
Vodafone 64th Asantehene Open Championship commences
Walk the talk and ratify the ILO C190 – ActionAid, Young Urban Women Movement to government
NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
Akufo-Addo ends Greater Accra Region tour, commits to complete major projects