Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture has revealed that Tamale-based Afropop artiste Fancy Gadam inspired the Ministry to build a music studio for musicians in the Northern part of Ghana.
Mark Okraku Mantey told Parliament’s Appointments Committee on Tuesday; the young artiste since his debut has garnered a lot of attention for music in the north.
“Years ago, we saw the Northern and Ashanti regions as very far from Accra. But after the emergence of a young man called Fancy Gadam, our perception of what happens in the north [concerning music] has changed.
“He came to the capital, did his own show and filled the National Theatre.”
Mr Okraku-Mantey stated that after the success the ‘Total Cheat’ hitmaker chalked, the industry had to take him seriously and explore music in his home region and beyond.
“After that, we gave him extra attention to the north, so…Dr Awal has plans to set up a studio in the north to support the youth in the arts,” he said.
Among other things, the former Creative Art Council President also revealed plans to build a film studio that will help producers make standardised content that can compete with foreign ones.
“We must be ready to compete as a country as well because even if the people of Ghana do not consume via television, they’ll consume via phone because of online activities so we must be ready to shoot films that are exportable, that we can also consume based on our culture.”
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- It’s not everyone who can be entrepreneur – CEO of Websoft Solutions Limited
- Retract and apologise for defamatory publication or face court action – Lawyers of Eugene Arhin to Adom-Boakye
- ‘I still feel traumatised by my experiences in EC’s strong room’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- I’m still pursuing my dream to become a medical doctor – Philipa Baafi
I carried the cross for my family, it must end with me – Breast cancer survivor
Akufo-Addo presents 50 vehicles to army; cuts sod for US$24.8 million housing project
Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
Bawumia to speak about digital economy on November 2
Akufo-Addo lauds Okyenhene’s efforts on Climate Change
‘Electoral Commission has become more partisan than political parties’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Ghana receives 756,000 more doses of Johnson & Johnson single-shot Covid-19 vaccine
‘It is a good time to be in charge of your areas’- President Akufo-Addo to MMDCEs
Speaker of Parliament refers Madina MP’s contempt charges against police officers to Privileges Committee
Chamber of Commerce in Takoradi receives training on Cybersecurity Act
Philanthropist Dr Frank Awuah Adjei donates maternity block extension to KNUST Hospital
Errand boy stole my money and submitted fake documents to PPA – Road Contractor
Ashanti Region NDC holds retreat for constituency executives
Woman takes 23 family members on blind date to test man’s generosity
Anti-LGBT bill: Homosexuality is not a mental disorder – Group of 18