The Weija Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) has arrested Anthony Adjei for physically abusing his four-year-old son at New Weija.
The victim suffered razor blade cuts on his left arm as punishment for allegedly eating chicken wings from the fridge without permission.
According to sources, due to the abusive nature of the suspect, the mother of the victim abandoned her two children in the care of their father last year.
The four-year-old was then forced to drop out of school.
The neighbour who reported the issue said, on Sunday, July 26, she saw three deep cuts on the victim’s right arm and inquired what had happened.
When she learned what had transpired, she immediately lodged a complaint at the Weija DOVVSU.
The boy was subsequently sent to the hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, efforts are underway to trace the victim’s mother.
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Renowned advertising personality, Torgbor Mensah passes on
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- We’ll settle the 2024 elections ‘anyway-anyhow’ – Afriyie Ankrah
Current climate not the main cause of lower species diversity in Africa’s tropical forests – Research
Mali expels ECOWAS envoy amid pressure over polls
Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi’s parents living in Libya
Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong convicted and fined on drug charges
US calls for ‘unconditional return’ to civilian rule
‘Why I returned to Boko Haram and how I escaped’
Covid-19 vaccines: Paediatricians on frontlines of child jab plan
Covid-19: Don’t worry about touching door handles – GHS
Ghana to receive over 6.4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines at the end of 2021 – GHS
Farmer, 38 jailed 15 years for incest
We did not thumbprint one million ballots – EC
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Man sues Apple for refusing to fix his iPhone
Farmer sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for defiling two siblings at Abordom
Japan’s Princess Mako marries boyfriend Kei Komuro