Manchester United and Tottenham earned convincing Premier League wins on Saturday, with top-four rivals Chelsea and Manchester City meeting at Stamford Bridge later.
Manchester United took over at the top of the table – for now at least – and extended bottom side Crystal Palace's miserable start to the season with a routine 4-0 victory at Old Trafford.
Juan Mata's third-minute strike, plus two goals from Marouane Fellaini and Romelu Lukaku's late tap-in, ensured the Eagles have now lost their first seven league matches of the season without scoring. Including their defeat on the final day of last season, that's 720 minutes without a top-flight goal.
Harry Kane is having no such problems. He took his total to 13 goals in eight matches in September as Spurs thrashed Huddersfield 4-0, making it the most prolific month of the England striker's career. That tally matches the best efforts of Barcelona's Lionel Messi (13 in March 2012) and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo (13 in October 2010).
Peter Crouch scored a late winner for Stoke against Southampton, for whom Virgil van Dijk conceded a penalty on his first start of the season. That spot-kick was missed by Saido Berahino – taking his run of games without a goal to 30 – but the Potters still managed to run out 2-1 victors.
Watford snatched a point at West Brom, Richarlison's injury-time strike securing a 2-2 draw for the Hornets and extending their unbeaten away record.
West Ham are out of the bottom three after Diafra Sakho's last-gasp winner earned them a 1-0 victory against Swansea, while the game between Bournemouth and Leicester, two of the bottom four at the start of play, ended goalless.
Huddersfield Town 0-4 Tottenham Hotspur
Bournemouth 0-0 Leicester City
Manchester United 4-0 Crystal Palace
Stoke City 2-1 Southampton
West Bromwich Albion 2-2 Watford
West Ham United 1-0 Swansea City
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- #NSMQonJoy: St. Thomas Aquinas SHS makes it to one-eighth stage with 49 points
- It’s not everyone who can be entrepreneur – CEO of Websoft Solutions Limited
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Insults, curses, and threats have no place in a secular democratic republic – Group of 18
CWG Ghana partners Centelon to host data quality management webinar
Tourism Minister anticipates $2bn to be made from ‘Beyond the Return’ this year
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Homosexuality does not pose a public health threat – Group of 18
Mason sentenced to 18 years for robbing mobile money vendor
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Redirect energy towards protecting children against sexual violence – Group petitions Parliament
Unemployed man gets 14 years for stealing plantain and cassava
A woman pope? Meet the feminists trying to save the Catholic Church
Police gun down 2 robbers, injure 1 in criminal cell raid
LGBTQI+ activities are illegal in 69 UN member states – Report
World Cup Qualifiers: Broos names provisional squad for crucial Zimbabwe and Ghana encounters
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura