Police have launched investigations into the death of a final year student at Tweneboah Kodua Senior High School in the Sekyere-Kumawu District of the Ashanti region.
Edward Duut, 19 years, is alleged to have scaled a wall to avoid a routine check by a Prep Master, but landed with his chest on the ground, injuring himself on Monday at about 11 P.M.
He later died at the nearby Kumawu Polyclinic after being rushed there by the headmaster with the help of some students.
Nhyira News sources say Edward attempted to jump the wall with some other colleagues.
The students who were expected to be studying in the classrooms run helter-skelter around 8:40pm when they heard the arrival of their teacher, Gideon Osei, also known as ‘Ogidi’.
Sources say the deceased, had just woken up from sleep, and attempted to dodge the teacher but ended up sustaining injuries.
He was rushed to Kumawu Polyclinic at 1:00am where he was pronounced dead.
Sekyere- Kumawu District Police Commander, DSP Opoku Agyeman Prempeh tells Nhyira FM no one has been arrested in connection with the death as police have taken statements from teachers in the school.
“Nobody was picked as a suspect. But when we collect statements from them, then what is hidden would be revealed,” DSP Agyemang added.
Meanwhile, investigations are ongoing to ascertain the cause of death of the General Arts final year student who hails from Ejura in the Ashanti region.
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- 37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Re-nominated DCE of Adaklu fails second attempt
Treason: We don’t want to fail, it must happen – Dr Mac Palm
Message from the Morning Man: Pay for Pain
Stop begging for arrested criminals – Police to Politicians
SYND-Ghana hosts Pre-COP26 Youth Summit on climate change
There was about 1million vote difference between presidential and parliamentary results – Otokunor alleges
I blame EC for the 8 deaths recorded in 2020 elections – Otokunor
Delay in sanctioning culprits for deaths recorded in 2020 election worrying – Dr Pumpuni Asante
Ballot stuffing claims by NDC ‘bogus’ – Peter Mac Manu
EC reducing cost of elections per voter to $7.70 incorrect – Peter Otokunor
Streaming platforms do not properly represent massive support we give to our local musicians – Kwame Berko
2021 AFCON: Teams can have up to 28 players in squad
Confederation Cup is an opportunity for us to redeem themselves – Opare Addo
We reject Mahama’s scoring of 2020 elections as one of the worst – EC
I will cite the police for contempt of Parliament – Francis Sosu