France’s President has been hit on the shoulder by an egg thrown during an event to promote the country’s food.
Emmanuel Macron, 43, was walking through the crowd when it bounced off him without breaking, video of the incident at the gastronomy trade fair in Lyon showed.
Two bodyguards could be seen immediately getting closer to the head of state to protect him following the incident.
The footage, which was shared on social media, also showed a man being led away by what appeared to be other members of the security team.
The identity of the suspect has not been revealed.
Reporters at the scene heard Mr Macron saying: “If he has something to tell me, then he can come.”
During the incident at the international catering, hotel and food trade fair, a protester shouted, “Vive la revolution (long live the revolution)”.
Back in June, Mr Macron was slapped in the face by a man as he was greeting a crowd in the town of Tain-l’Hermitage in southeastern France.
Damien Tarel, 28, received a four-month prison sentence as well as an additional 14-month suspended sentence for the offence.
Tarel was banned from ever holding public office and from owning weapons for five years.
In court, the defendant described himself as a right-wing or extreme “patriot” and a member of the yellow vest economic protest movement that shook Mr Macron’s presidency in 2018 and 2019.
He told the court in the southeastern city of Valence that the attack was unplanned and impulsive and prompted by anger at France’s “decline”.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
- I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
Parliament resumes sitting on Oct. 26
EU wants Sudan’s transition ‘back on track’
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders
It’s an exciting time to be an entrepreneur if you’re discipline, commitment – UMB MD
Signs of Sudan’s coup build-up have been clear
Top 10 non-traditional exports up 15% to $273m in quarter 2 2021
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt
Akufo-Addo to launch alternative employment and livelihood programme today