The Executive Council of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) have terminated the appointment of Black Stars Coach, Charles Akonnor and his two Assistants with immediate effect.
This follows the receipt of the technical reports from Akonnor and the Black Stars Management Committee, following Ghana’s Group G World Cup qualifying matches against Ethiopia and South Africa.
The Executive Council after considering the two reports have decided to terminate their relationship with the Head Coach C. K Akonnor and the two Assistants.
The Executive Council have formed a three Member Committee made up of Vice President Mark Addo, Upper East Regional Football Association Chairman, Alhaji Salifu Zida and Dr. Randy Abbey to find a Head Coach and Assistant Coaches for the Black Stars within the next 72 hours.
Ghana currently have three points after opening two games of the World Cup qualifiers.
Akonnor, who was appointed in January 2020, took charge of 10 games for the Black Stars winning just four games.
In his 20 month stay, he managed to qualify the Black Stars to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations which will take place in Cameroon next year.
The Black Stars will take on Zimbabwe in the next round of games in the World Cup qualifiers next month.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- DDEP: Government needs to reform fiscal structure – Senyo Hosi
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Grammys 2023: Viola Davis becomes an EGOT
- Grammys 2023: Kim Petras and Sam Smith break record and other takeaways
- NPP Jaman South’s aggrieved members are the proponents of “skirt and blouse” – Constituency executives
- Asante Akim Central NPP calls for fresh polling station elections
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Playback: PM Express discuss DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- DDEP will get economy fully back on track – Ofori-Atta
- All set for Kwabena Kwabena’s ‘Vitamilk Love Night’ show on Feb. 11