Ghana has been ranked 95th in the just released 2021 World Happiness Report.
This indicates a drop by 30 places from the 65th position last year, 2020.
Ghana trails Mauritius, which is at the 50th position, Libya – 80th position, Ivory Coast – 85th position, the Republic of Congo – 83rd position and Cameroon – 91st position, according to the UN-sponsored report.
Neighbouring Nigeria has also witnessed a significant drop in ranking following a fall by 57 places to rank 116th. They ranked 59th in the 2020 Report.
Meanwhile, Finland has managed to retain the title of the happiest place on earth for a fourth year running whereas, Afghanistan is the world’s unhappiest place at the 149th position.
According to researchers at Gallup, data collected for the World Happiness Report 2021 focused on the effects of Covid-19 and how people all over the world fared.
It also considered issues of social support, personal freedom, Gross Domestic Product (GDP), and levels of corruption when rating countries on the list.
“Our aim was two-fold, first to focus on the effects of Covid-19 on the structure and quality of people’s lives, and second to describe and evaluate how governments all over the world have dealt with the pandemic.”
This year’s is the 9th issue of the World Happiness Report.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- There’s no law that compels a woman to adopt her husband’s name after marriage – Legal expert
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
Live updates: Appointments Committee resumes vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate
Euros On MGL: Spain v Sweden betting preview
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA for using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July