Audio By Carbonatix
President John Evans Mills has directed the Chief of Staff, Mr Martey Newman to organise a 200-man Ghanaian contingent to Angola to rally support for the Black Stars as they play six times Nations Cup winners Egypt, in a crucial African Cup of Nations final on Sunday.
Throwing light on the president’s directive, a deputy Information Minister, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa told Joy News’ Dzifa Bampoe that the contingent will be provided a return flight.
The delegation is scheduled to leave Sunday morning and return immediately after the match.
No per diems, hotel bills will be paid, he assured.
The move is to reduce as much as possible costs to government whilst providing the needed support to the Stars.
Football, he said, remains Ghana’s unifying and branding tool, adding government will take advantage of this opportunity to unite a seemingly divided and partisan population.
According to Samuel Ablakwa, the delegation will be made up of leaders of all the political parties in the country as well as in parliament.
Personalities from the Ghana Bar Association, the National Union of Ghana Students, Media, and corporate institutions in the country will be drafted into the contingent, he said.
The Black Stars have charted an amazing feat at the tournament so far, playing with a crop of not too tested mix of locals and foreign based.
Many did not give them even a dog's chance to make it out of the group stage, however they have managed a final berth and are hoping to overcome the Egyptians.
Story by Nathan Gadugah/Myjoyonline.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
9 minutes -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
1 hour -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
1 hour -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
1 hour -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
1 hour -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
1 hour -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
2 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
2 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
2 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
2 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
2 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
2 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
3 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
3 hours
