The newly sworn-in board chairman of the Ghana Integrated Iron and Steel Development Cooperation (GIISDEC) Farouk Aliu Mahama says he is committed to working assiduously to attract investment to the industry by the end of 2022.
This according to the Yendi MP would be achieved through well calculated master and business plans and strategic road shows to attract the needed investments which will help in driving economic improvement and also create jobs.
”We will build on what has been achieved so far, inject more vigor and push further the frontiers of the industry. We will hit the ground running by embarking on mineral resource estimation of Ghana’s iron ore deposit across the country.
“A strategic Master-Plan, Business Plan and calculated roadshows will enable us provide a platform to attract vital investments that will drive economic improvement, job creation, and sustainable value creation in the iron and steel industry for all stakeholders along the chain and all these is projected to be achieved within a year – that is by the end of 2022,″ he said.
Speaking at the swearing in ceremony held at the Lands and Natural Resources Ministry on September 1, 2021, the Yendi MP observed that with the adequate funding from government and support from the Sector Minister, Ghana will be positioned on the global map as a hub for iron and steel investment.
The Lands Minister, Samuel Abu Jinapor who presided over the swearing in ceremony expressed confidence in the new board to deliver on their mandate.
Meanwhile, other members of the board include;
Chief Executive Officer, GIISDEC – Mr. Kwabena Bonsu Fordwor
Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources Rep – Hon George Mireku Duker
Ministry of Trade and Industry Rep – Hon Micheal Okyere Baafi
Minerals Commission Rep – Mr. Martin Kwaku Ayisi
Presidents Nominee – Mr. Kay F. Amoah(Jnr) Esq.
Presidents Nominee – Mr. Ernest Kusi
Presidents Nominee – Mad. Hanifa Yahaya Esq.
- Akufo-Addo was apt, Aflao chief is not supposed to give Ministers of State ultimatums – Okoe Boye
- ‘Go and sin no more’ – Court cautions evangelist for fingering, fondling woman
- Arrogance of power has taken over Akufo-Addo – Sammy Gyamfi
- Okada Riders Association reject government quadricycles
- We already knew that Komenda was an emotional project – Kofi Bentil
- Ghanaians would have paid more for sugar even with Komenda Sugar Factory – Kofi Bentil
- Adom TV’s ‘Big Talent Show’ gave me hope after I was wrongfully jailed for 5 years – Contestant
- It is possible Radio Gold, others may not transmit from their original frequencies – NCA
- 38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
- Ex-cop killed relatives and boyfriend for insurance cash
Winning the Super Cup will motivate us for Premier League promotion – Skyy FC coach
DOL Super Cup: Skyy FC edge out Tema Youth in epic shoot to claim maiden title
Ibrahimovic scores at both ends as Milan edge nine-man Bologna
Guardiola believes Foden can get better after his brace against Brighton
80% of widows who turned out for Tamale screening diagnosed with hypertension
KNUST JHS wins maiden edition of Nhyira FM Akan Akansie
Ejisuman SHS embarks on Peace Walk over encroachment of school lands
It’s time to legislate on funding, executing of projects – Kofi Bentil
NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills
38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
LEAP beneficiaries to be paid from October 25 to 29
Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Unemployed graduate – think about your pension
IGP visits Police officers involved in Walewale-Bolgatanga accident
Take education seriously – GFA tells players at maiden BARFA Women Awards