The national arm wrestling team, Golden Arms, will have their medical examination at the Kama Health Centre, Labone, on Saturday.
The athletes would be screened for traces for malaria parasites as well as their sugar level, kidney, heart, liver, blood group, hypertension and hepatitis B.
The health screening is in line with activities lined up to prepare the team for the upcoming Africa Armwrestling Championship from Thursday, July 26, 2018, to Sunday, July 29, 2018.
According to www.armwrestlingghana.com, the health screening is being sponsored by K-Balm Ointment from Kofikrom Pharmacy.
Golden Arms is currently having a non-residential camping at the Accra Sports Stadium and would be residential camping after their medical screening.
Members of the Golden Arms selected for camping are; Siaw Richard (Sunyani), Michael Amoani (Sunyani), Googo Jazzy (Asokori), Santo Mensah (Sunyani), Isaac Owusu Mensah (KNUST), Nafew Mohammed (KNUST), Bernard Sarpong (Bremang), Ernest Danso (Maakori) and Derrick Adukwakye (Asokori).
Others are; Owusu Ansah (Ashtown), Isaac Antwi (KNUST), Diana Larbi (3C Armwrestling Club), Helen Robertson (Police), Grace Mintah (Police), Dora Dung (Police), Yasmine Kadiri (3C Armwrestling Club), Alberta B. Ampomah (Police) and Anita Doku (Police).
Some of the athletes also being called to camp are; Florence Boakye (Police), Mary Ayeetey (K-Balm), Frank Quashie (K-Balm), Desmond Osei Kofi (3C), Prince Lamptey (K-Balm), Adjatey Sowah (K-Balm), Benjamin Lamptey (Bukum), Wisdom Abramekyi (Tabora) and Richard Rapp (Odorkor Official Town).
The rest are; Isaac Nii Amugi (3C Armwrestling Club), Kabu Ocansey ( K-Balm), Nii Dodoo (Kaneshie-Awodome), Prince Affum (K-Balm), Noble Sakyi (Police), Isaah Kungah (K-Balm), Elvis Awuye (Police), Patrick Lartey (James Town), Edward Asamoah (Immigration), Fred Sena ( Police), Bambi Bamfoe (3C Armwrestling Club), Godfred Ankrah-Tumasi (Spintex), Adolphus Adusu (K-Balm), Haruna Tahiru (3C Armwrestling Club), Rodulph Welbeck (Police) and Daniel Annan (K-Balm).
The Golden Arms is poised to win the 2018 Africa Armwrestling Championship in Ghana.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP