Government shook off the recent fluctuation in Treasury bills sale as the short term securities were oversubscribed by 82% to ¢1.85 billion in the last auctioning by the Bank of Ghana.
This brings some huge relief to government, following the high under subscription the previous week.
The oversubscription could largely be due to the one year-bill which was the most subscribed instrument to the tune of ¢844.2 million. It interest yield of 16.3% was also the most attractive to investors.
According to the auctioning result by the Bank of Ghana, government secured a little above ¢827 million for the 91-day T-Bills, but got a paltry ¢184 million for the 6-months bill.
The interest cost for both investment instruments remained unchanged at 12.56% and 13.36% respectively.
The target for the sale of the T-Bills was ¢1.019 billion.
Some analysts attribute the recent slump in Treasury bills may also be attributed to investor interest in other bills, which offers higher interest rate.
For instance, COCOBOD recently issued the cocoa bills with a yield of 17% to raise capital to inject in the cocoa industry, which is on its way to register a record over a million metric tonnes of cocoa.
|Securities||Bids Tendered (GH¢)||Bids Accepted (GH¢)||Interest rate|
|91 Day Bill||827.86 million||827.86 million||12.56%|
|182 Day Bill||184.14 million||184.14 million||13.36%|
|364 Day Bill||844.30||844.29||16.39%|
|Total||1,856.3 billion||1,856.3 million|
- Former MP and Regional Minister, Ama Benyiwa Doe has passed on
- Playback: Government updates nation on list of MMDCEs nominees
- Full list: Local Government Ministry releases MMDCE nominees
- Government to update nation on MMDCEs appointment list
- 38 females and 222 males have been nominated for MMDCEs role
- MMDCEs List: Accept Akufo-Addo’s nominees, eschew acrimony and rancor – Makafui Woanyah urges NPP faithful
- Preview: Hearts of Oak v CI Kamsar – Prediction, team news, lineups
- Guinea junta brushes off impact of ECOWAS sanctions
- MMDCEs Appointment: Police arrest ringleaders in Odododiodoo protest
- Kotoko names Narteh Ogum as new head coach
WAEC, Education Minister to be called before Parliament over WASSCE leakages – Nortsu-Kotoe
Police deploy personnel to check disturbances following announcement of MMDCEs list
Phone thief sentenced to 4 years imprisonment
Playback: The Probe discusses WASSCE leakages
CAF CL: Hearts see off CI Kamsar thanks to two late goals
Denying beneficiaries their entitlement from a deceased’s estate is punishable by law – Minkah-Premo
Accept MMDCE Nominees – Savannah region NPP Secretary
Photos: Second mini-clinic of JoyNews-Ecobank Habitat Fair ends
Remain law-abiding throughout your stay – Ambassador to Ghanaians in Saudi Arabia
I will consult broadly – New Mayor of Tamale
Duration of marriage before death of spouse immaterial to inheritance rights – Minkah-Premo
‘Baby mamas’ and ‘side chicks’ are not entitled to deceased’s property – Minkah-Premo
Former Kumasi Mayor appointed NSS Executive Director
Gender dynamics of MMDCE appointees as 14.62% women are nominated
38 females and 222 males have been nominated for MMDCEs role