Government will raise ¢1.13 billion this week to refinance upcoming Treasury bill maturities of ¢1.04 billion.
This will be higher than the ¢1.49 billion secured the previous week.
The government accepted ¢1.68 billion last week in the treasury auction out of total bids worth ¢1.72 billion.
The uptake exceeded the target after the under-subscription in the previous auction.
The 91-day yield closed slightly higher at 35.66%, while the 182-day yield retreated to 35.95%.
Meanwhile, analysts perceive that the implementation of the domestic debt exchange programme may delay due to a looming class action lawsuit.
The government presented amended terms for the programme on December, 24, 2022. The amended terms included an invitation of individual bondholders to participate in the domestic debt exchange and an extension of the deadline for participating in the programme.
However, some individual investors are seeking to file a class action lawsuit against the government over their inclusion in the programme.
This development may protract the successful implementation of the domestic debt exchange, which is critical for obtaining timely board-level approval from the International Monetary Fund.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- The rising level of air pollution in West Africa
- Livestream: Parliament debates report on Akufo-Addo’s new Ministerial appointees
- Energy Ministry isn’t indebted to ECG; there was no disconnection of power supply – Egyapa Mercer
- 6-packs come with a risk of depression
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- AFCON 2023Q Preview: Black Stars host Angola in Chris Hughton’s first game
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records