Government workers without Ghana Cards will not be paid from December 1, 2021.
The Controller and Accountant General’s Department has said that the policy forms part of ongoing measures to harmonise its systems.
The Communications Ministry has already indicated that the laws specify the Ghana Card as the sole form of identification verification in the country.
The Department believes that as it continues the synchronization of its financial remuneration process, the card will ensure a speedy administration of the payroll.
“By this notice, all existing and prospective Government workers are to ensure they are registered with the NIA and have obtained their Identity numbers,” portions of the statement read.
According to the public notice dated October 12, the Acting Controller and Accountant-General, Kwasi Bosompem explained that the move will also reduce the risk of undeserving payments or claims.
Meanwhile, the government is currently embarking on a SIM card re-registration exercise using the Ghana Card as the only identification requirement.
- Popular televangelist who discouraged vaccination dies after contracting Covid-19
- I fear for my life in the Parliamentary Chamber – Afenyo-Markin
- 2021 National Best Farmer urges youth to venture into Agriculture
- 2022 Budget: Bagbin gave up on mediation effort for fear of attacks from Kevin Taylor – Afenyo-Markin
- Overall Best Farmer in Accra Metropolis honoured with Polytank, fertilizers, insecticides, seeds
- ‘They can come anytime and ask us to leave’ – Accra’s remaining farmers battling for land
- Covid-19: Airport protocols remain unchanged, surveillance heighten – Dacosta Aboagye
- Playback: Newsfile discusses how the war on 2022 budget will end
- Government announces 50% interest rate subsidy on loans for agribusinesses
- Debate over 2022 Budget is Parliament at its best – Kofi Bentil
AC Milan move top of Serie A – and pay tribute to injured Kjaer
There is consensus on E-levy, we only differ on percentages – Afenyo-Markin
Injury-time Origi winner at Wolves sends Liverpool top
Jerry Detse Mensah-Pah: Promoting harmonious industrial peace – The role of government
Weekly wrap: 2022 Budget approval chaos, power crisis in Ashanti Region
Consolidate gains made in Planting for Food and Jobs – Abuakwa South MCE urges farmers
Police shoot dead one robber, 3 others arrested in Ashanti Region
Parents of alleged Michigan school shooter arrested after manhunt
Kosmos Innovation Centre launches new program with first pitch in Agritech Challenge ‘Pro’ Competition
NDC MPs making a U-turn on E-levy disgraceful – Afenyo-Markin
Take steps to provide information manuals to facilitate access to information – RTI Executive Secretary
ECG’s monthly exercise to clamp down on power theft
Livestream: Maiden MUSIGA Presidential Debate underway
Kojo Bonsu visits Akropong School for the Blind to celebrate Farmer’s Day
Bolsonaro: Brazilian Supreme Court opens investigation into vaccine comments