With barely three weeks to end the year, the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) equity market is expected to end 2020 strongly with investor activities soaring.
The market is doing better now than the greater part of this year which it experienced some turbulent moments.
According to November 2020 performance of the market, the Accra Bourse recorded its record monthly trading volume of over GH¢115 million shares and value of a little over GH¢101 million.
This comes despite the GSE Composite Index registering a -19% return for investors.
“Investors’ appetite for equities is fuelled by the cheap valuations on the market – about half of the issuers (16 issuers) are trading at price/earnings multiples (PE’s) of five or below, and 20 issuers are trading at single digit PE’s”, the GSE said in a circular.
MTN Ghana dominated trading activities with volume and value traded, making up 88.5% and 61.44% respectively.
|November2020||October 2020||% change|
|Market Capitalisation (GH¢)||53,806.25||53,115.38||-0.05|
Meanwhile, the bond market recorded trades in excess of GH¢10 billion in November 2020.
This unseated the July 2020 trading by GH¢38 million to set a new record as the second highest traded for the year.
It also represented a 72.0% growth compared to the same period in 2019.
- Florida: 13ft alligator killed after it was spotted with human remains in its mouth
- Alan Kyerematen, Sammy Gyamfi and others mourn with Kwame A Plus at late father’s funeral
- FDA sensitizes traders and patients on medicine adverse reactions
- Mohbad: Nigerian nurse association says health worker who treated late singer not registered
- Graduated students urged to keep developing their skills for success
- Building contractor accused of defiling his stepdaughter freed
- 21500 healthcare workers benefit from health workforce programme
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi