The Member of Parliament for Gushegu, Hassan Tampuli, has donated over five brand new tractors for the establishment of an Agricultural Mechanization Centre in the Northern Region.
He noted, during the handing over ceremony, the initiative is to fulfil a promise to the people to Gushegu during the 2020 general elections.
According to Mr Tampuli, plans are on course to procure more of the machines to support the first phase of the project.
“We made a commitment to the people of Gushegu in the run-up to 2020 that we intend to set up what we call agric mechanization centre to support farming activities in Gushegu.
“This is the first phase of this project and we intend to procure more tractors to put together an exemplary agric. mechanization workshop here in Gushegu for all in the region to emulate,” he said.
The Gushegu MP also stated that the centre will support President Akufo-Addo’s flagship program “Planning for Food and Jobs.”
According to Mr Tumpuli, the youth will be taken through series of training to learn modern and best farming practices.
He further gave the assurance that the running of the centre will be non-partisan.
“In Gushegu, everybody is a farmer so the tractors belong to everyone, regardless of your political affiliation or tribe, so long as you have a need for the tractors to go work on your farm, go get it,” he added.
The government, he noted, is keen on supporting all farmers in the country.
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
LiMAP-GH partners four institutions to screen women in Tarkwa for cancer
Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
NaaKay of Nkasei Fame re-brands as ‘Afro Yesus’
Accra High Court endorses closure of Obengfo Hospital
Hearts of Oak arrive in Morocco ahead of Wydad encounter
Womanising, drug abuse cause downfall of many local musicians – Bob Pinodo
Establish legal education reform commission over GSL mass failures – Minority Leader to Akufo-Addo
Ghana’s education must meet dictates of fourth revolution – Minister
Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
Insurance industry stakeholders declare August as blood donation month
Zeroing of Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies to begin in November – NPA
Education Ministry Audit unit lauded for its good financial management practices
STC struggling to cope with increasing cost of fuel – Nana Akomea
We can build Ghana through industrialisation – Lands Minister