The Kpone-Katamanso Municipal Heath Director, Dr. Esther Priscila Biamah-Danquah has advised health officers to take the Covid-19 jab to whip-up public interest.
Dr. Biamah-Danquah made the remark during a stakeholders meeting on post review of the Covid-19 vaccination exercise within the Municipality.
She expressed concern over the refusal of some health workers to take the jab;
“You refuse to take your vaccine and you expect the citizens to allow you to administer it to them?
According to the Municipal Health Director, another way to let the public take the vaccination seriously was to ensure that the health officers also took their jab to allay the fears and the public misconceptions.
Dr Biamah-Danquah further added that the municipality though faced with numerous challenges, was able to exceed its expected targets by 101 percent adding that, phase two would see an improvement.
She noted that 60 percent of males received their jabs as compared to the 40 percent of females within the Kpone-Katamanso Municipality
The Kpone-Katamanso Health Directorate targeted 6,182 people for the coronavirus vaccination exercise but was able to hit 6,258 at the end of phase one.
- Accra is second most expensive city in the world – Survey
- Complete abandoned E-block if you are frustrated – Akufo-Addo tells Aflao chief
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- Lil Win unites with Funny Face at Kaneshie District Court
- Kofi Kinaata drops visuals for Thy Grace singles
- Google agrees to integrate Ghana’s GPS into Google map system – Bawumia
- Ambassador to Italy, Eudora Quartey-Koranteng has died
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- Prof Nana Aba Appiah Amfo is 1st female Vice-Chancellor of University of Ghana
- Ursula Owusu-Ekuful could be NPP’s running mate in 2024 – Kwesi Pratt hints
Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
Onion Sellers Association thank Akufo-Addo for relocation to Adjen Kotoku
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Stop conniving with foreign tile makers to shortchange Ghana – Mireku Duker to illegal clay miners
What makes a successful entrepreneur? – SamBoad Group CEO tells young Ghanaians
OccupyGhana’s letter to Special Prosecutor on unconstitutional time extension for public officers’ assets/liabilities declaration
MTN Group receives recognition on Fortune’s Change the World list
Ghanaian teachers are among the best in the world – Yaw Adutwum
Exports, fixed investment to contribute 0.8% to GDP in 2021 – Report
Fire guts house at Kwamo
Africa Makeup Fair, Awards slated for November
Pornhub owner settles with Girls Do Porn victims over videos
Paris Hilton pushes for US youth care abuse reform
Tax cheat schemes cost governments billions
Apple unveils new computer chips amid shortage