Audio By Carbonatix
Hearts of Oak has dissolved its board of directors, a club statement has confirmed.
The dissolution ends the 12-year reign of the Togbui Afede XIV led board.
Tuesdays announcement means Dr. Nyaho Tamakloe, Alhaji Moro Braimah (Akanbi), and Vincent Odotei Sowah, who have suffered public backlash in the past few years, will not long involved in the running of the club.
The outgoing board members are Togbui Afede XIV, Alhaji Alhassan Andani, Thomas Kwesi Esso, Professor Kofi Kumado, Ivy Heward Mills, Alhaji Moro Adamu, Vincent Sowah-Odotei, Dr. Nyaho-Nyaho Tamakloe, and Frank Nelson Nwokolo.
Hearts were scheduled to hold this year's Annual General Meeting (AGM) in February, however, the event has been rescheduled for March.
Sources have told JoySports that the search for replacements for the outgoing board is one of the reasons for the postponement.
Last week, a group of supporters demonstrated against the board of directors and the Executive Chairman, Togbui Afede over they described as substandard leadership.
Sources have told JoySports that the dissolution is in no way related to the demonstration.
At the last AGM in 2023, shareholders demanded the dissolution of the board. However, a truce was reached to change the board at the next AGM.
The board has been aware of its unpopularity and the toxic relationship with fans and some shareholders of the club. This informed their willingness to walk away before the AGM, to allow time for possible replacements to be considered and use the next month as a transition period.
In their 12 years of stewardship, the current board led Hearts of Oak to one league title, two FA Cup titles and one FA Super Cup trophy.
Latest Stories
-
Kingsford Boakye-Yiadom nets first league goal for Everton U21 in Premier League 2
36 minutes -
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
2 hours -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
3 hours -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
3 hours -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
4 hours -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
4 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
4 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
4 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
4 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
4 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
4 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
4 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
4 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
5 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
5 hours
