Hearts of Oak coach Edward Nii Odoom believes his side had enough chances to win Thursday’s Ghana Premier League encounter with Ashanti Gold.
The Phobians missed out on the victory at home as they were held to a goalless draw at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Hearts are ninth on the league standings, five places below the Miners.
“I think it was a nice game, we had all the chances to win but we blew it away,” Odoom told the press after the game.
“We were doing our high pressing and creating our chances but I don’t know what happened.
“We will keep working hard and hopefully we will get there.”
AshGold boss Kasim Gokyildiz, however, appeared satisfied with the match’s outcome.
“The mentality was to win the game but we didn’t utilise our chances, just as Hearts of Oak,” the Miners coach told the media.
“I think the result is quite good.
“In fact it was a tough match and I’m satisfied with the result.”
Hearts face second-placed Aduana Stars in their next game as AshGold host 10th-positioned Liberty Professionals.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
- Friends of missing Lands Commission staff besiege Asokwa District Court ahead of hearing
- NSMQ2021: Social media reacts to Prempeh catapulting decapitated Presec back to Accra
‘Killer budget isn’t coming back; we’re burying it for good’ – Ablakwa
Ministry of Lands PRO wins overall best PR officer of the year award
Join NDC’s presidential race if you are interested in being number 1 – John Boadu to Alban Bagbin
Livestream: Newsfile discusses 2022 budget and energy sector debt
2022 budget is a complete break away from the politics of borrowing – Buaben Asamoa
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond
Police prevents #FixTheCountry protestors from presenting petition on 2022 Budget to Parliament
Bank of Ghana signs historic MoU with Bank of Mauritius
279 Ghanaians, 107 foreigners arrested in a joint security operation in 5 regions of the North