Hisense has fulfilled its pledge of ¢40,000 to Asante Kotoko as well as to scorers against the Porcupine Warriors in the Ghana Premier League.
On Saturday, Hisense officials and brand ambassador, Nana Ama McBrown called on the team during their training session ahead of their CAF Confederations Cup tie against ES Setif for the presentation ceremony at the Accra Stadium.
The ¢40,000 donation was in fulfilment of the club’s eight-match clean sheet promise.
The Hisense brand ambassador said, “This is a token aimed at urging you on to keep more clean sheets.”
Kotoko captain Felix Annan expressed gross appreciation to Hisense for the gesture saying, “This will certainly urge us on to go the extra mile. We are most grateful to Hisense.”
The home appliances giants has also introduced a financial scheme which rewards players who score against Kotoko.
The scheme forms part of Hisense’s support for football as well as encourage footballers in the country.
A few weeks ago, Hisense presented cheques to two players – Samuel Bioh and Michael Yeboah of Aduana Stars and Great Olympics respectively.
Each player received ¢5,000 for their efforts.
In separate post-presentation interviews, Yeboah said, “This will urge me on to score more. Initially, l doubted Hisense, but they have demonstrated that they are can be trusted.”
In like manner, Bioh sated “I am grateful to Hisense for the kind gesture. I didn’t believe they will honour their words, but look at me today with the cheque for ¢5,000.”
Officials of Hisense after the presentation said the scheme was aimed at encouraging competition among clubs.”
They have pledged to reward prospective scorers in subsequent matches.
- Attacks on bullion vans by armed robbers: Fresh case on Kasoa-Winneba road
- 3 arrested for brandishing guns in viral social media video
- Man shot dead by friend over GH¢5 debt
- BoG directs banks, SDIs to abolish unfair fees, charges, others
- Man burnt alive as fire gutted storey building at Asafo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, June 18, 2021
- Dr Yaa Gyamfua Oppong-Mensah: A gentle reminder Mr Vice President, it’s World Sickle Cell Day
- Government running away from accountability – Minority alleges after Finance Minister fails to provide answers on Akufo-Addo’s foreign trips
- Man burns daughter’s hand for allegedly stealing ¢10
- Wesley Girls, 6 other schools come tops in WASSCE ranking for Central Region
Minister for Education, Commission for TVET inspect project at CCTU
About 97% of informal sector workers not guaranteed formal pension benefits – Employment Minister
Deputy Education Minister nominee’s conscience not aligned to threats of corruption – Suhuyini
Euros On MGL: Schick penalty puts Czechs on verge of last 16 with Croatia draw
Anderlecht complete the signing of Ashimeru
Parliament approves 12 more Deputy Minister nominees, suspends approval of Gifty Twum-Ampofo and 2 others
4 bullion vans attacked in the first half of 2021
Euros On MGL: Sweden take huge step towards last 16 with win over Slovakia
Report strangers in your areas to Police – Public Affairs Director
Sperm count not harmed by Covid-19 vaccine, study says
Finance Minister’s request for more time on cost of Presidential trip is not evasion of accountability – Afenyo Markin
Denmark midfielder, Christian Eriksen discharged from hospital
We are committed to Ghana’s local content policy – Tullow Oil Group CEO
Tourism Minister calls for development of 2 tourist sites in Upper East
Minority files motion for probe into Covid-19 vaccine procurement