Leading home appliances company, Hisense Ghana Limited, has supported the Ogbojo Polyclinic with some of its products worth thousands of cedis at the health facility in Accra.
The items included two brand new 2.0 Horse Power Split Air Conditioner, 1.5 Horse Power Split Air Conditioner, two 130 L Table Top Fridges (Sliver) and two 43’’ Android Digital Satellites Televisions.
At the presentation ceremony at the health facility, the Marketing Coordinator at Hisense Ghana, Abena Konadu, said the gesture forms part of the company’s Covid-19 campaign to support health facilities in the fight against the virus.
“This is one of the many donations we have extended to health facilities in the country. We have supported a couple of them, and the management decided to support health centres in this Covid-19 period.
“It is our token in the fight against the disease, but we believe it will go a long way in helping the Polyclinic,” she said.
The head of the facility, Dr Diana Donkor, expressed gratitude to Hisense Ghana for the support.
“We are indeed glad for the support; as you can see, the OPD has no television, and so we struggle to pass on some demonstrative lessons to our patients.
“The gesture is timely, and we are grateful to Hisense for this support.”
She appealed to other corporate bodies to follow Hisense’s example.
A few weeks ago, one of the leading appliances manufacturers extended the same support to the Amrahia Health Centre, near Adentan.
- ‘I called my wife to bid her farewell when my vehicle was swept away’ – Flood survivor
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
- Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
- ACP Agordzo’s fight to revoke his interdiction as police officer suffers another court adjournment
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Bishop Agyinasare cautions against military takeovers in spite of hardship
- Photos: Medikal’s day in court
- ‘Side-chicks’ are ‘helpers’ who spice up marriages, I demanded my husband gets one – Joy FM Listener
- John Boadu blames current employment challenges on NDC, Sammy Gyamfi disagrees
Adele returns to UK number one with huge figures for Easy On Me
Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
Ejisuman SHS teachers demonstrate against traditional rulers over sale of school lands
This is how cheating starts
Minority demands apology from Akufo-Addo over comment on abandoned Aflao E-block
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,169
Girls at Agbekpui Basic School educated on breast cancer
One of the 3 police officers involved in Walewale-Bolga Highway accident still in critical condition
Media and Information Literacy week launched
Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
Statistical officers of local government urged to invest in personal training
We like the work fans are doing – Robert Addo ahead of WAC clash
I believe in us, we believe in ourselves – Mohammed Alhassan ahead of WAC clash
Partey scores first Arsenal goal in victory over Aston Villa
JoyNews’ Kwetey Nartey wins big at 2021 West Africa Media Excellence Awards